- Consultez cette page en FRANÇAIS
- Consult this page in ENGLISH
Fontanille's Biography & Bibliography
Jacques Fontanille, born in France in 1948, is a professor at the University of Limoges and holds the Chair of Semiotics at the University Institute of France.
He has published numerous articles and books in the field of theoretical semiotics, literary semiotics and visual semiotics. We are indebted to him for developing a semiotics of passions (with Greimas) and tensive semiotics (with Zilberberg), as well as his semiotics of discourse, which articulates the whole of his theoretical work.
- FONTANILLE, J. and A.-J. GREIMAS, The Semiotics of Passions, trans. Paul Perron and Frank Collins, Mineapolis/London: Minnesota University Press, 1993.
- FONTANILLE, J. and A.-J. GREIMAS, Sémiotique des passions, Paris: Seuil, 1991.
- FONTANILLE, J., Sémiotique du visible, Paris: Presses Universitaires de France, 1995.
- FONTANILLE, J., Sémiotique et littérature, Paris: Presses Universitaires de France, 1999.
- FONTANILLE J. and C. ZILBERBERG, Tension et signification, Liège: P. Mardaga, 1998.
- FONTANILLE, J., Sémiotique du discours, Limoges: Presses de l’Université de Limoges, 2003.
- FONTANILLE, J., Séma et soma. Les figures du corps, Paris: Maisonneuve et Larose, 2004.